Sunday, November 22, 2009

Had McPinto, will travel

We just went to McDonalds for breakfast. In keeping with my "McDonalds round the world" quest, I just had the local speciality---the McPinto breakfast. It is actually pretty much like I described the "desayuno tipico" or typical breakfast of this whole area--scrambled eggs, two small tortillas, rice and beans and fried plantain with a mayonaisy cream. It was not bad for Mc Donalds but not great in the scheme of desayunos tipicos...I would say it was middle of the pack at best. I think my money is still on the Maharajah Mac.

We are ON THE ROAD AGAIN...this time what I expect will be a road trip from hell ... 12 noon from San Jose until 4 in the morning in Panama City. What the f@#$ are we supposed to do at 4 in the morning...It will be hours before we can get a hotel...needless to say we are planning on breaking the journey on the way home. Our travel portion is almost done. This will be the only travel we will do before we come home. We are probably going to Panama for a few days and then may stop overnight twice on the way back. We fly from here (San Jose) a week from Tuesday. It has been a really interesting trip. I have really enjoyed myself for the most part and I think I will have had my travel fix for a year or two.

Hasta Manana

No comments:

Post a Comment