Friday, November 6, 2009

Why does the coffee here suck?

No fair, you would think that the coffee would be good where they grow it but no, it sucks. All they have most places is instant and they don´t even make that well. The coffee wasn´t bad in Costa Rica but that was three countries ago.... Charles bought a couple of coffees at a place called Espresso Americano yesterday. I was put off by them steaming the milk right in the styrofoam cup. Call me crazy but I am sure that can´t be good for you. Charles is fearless when it comes to food. He eats salads and drinks iced drinks with abandon. He thinks I am pretty irrational with my fears of rabies, ice, salad, malaria and so on. He says he never takes any medical precautions or worries in any of the countries he has been in, which are numerous.

We are working quite well together most of the time. We are doing a whirlwind tour up Central America. Today we are in Santa Ana, El Salvador, our 4th country so far and we only landed on Sunday (it is now Friday I think but you never know).

We left Choluteca, Honduras at 7 this morning and got in to Santa Ana, El Salvador around 6 this evening. Talk about power touring...

Our internet time is a bit restricted so I will post more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I guess that's a whole geopolitics thing, the coffee. They sell all the good stuff to the North Americans. Which reminds me, time for my morning coffee. (Which is at least Fair Trade). Make Charles give you a rest from time to time so you can see some sights. (sites?)
    XXX

    ReplyDelete