Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We got psssteam heat...

Man, is it humid here (Flores, Guatemala). I felt bad for dragging Charles to the tourist trap of Panajachel. When we were running away from there yesterday, he befriended a kid from Flores. He looked it up in the book and realized that we could get up here, close to the Belize border in ONLY ONE DAY -- how wonderful! My guilt made me weak and I agreed to a really gruelling (14 hour) bus day......as the hotel owner said when we arrived at 11 pm after setting out at 9 am....¨es loco¨. I had nothing to reply but ¨si¨. Luckily the kid had a cell phone and, being local, the language skills to phone ahead from the bus and book us a room. As you know from previous post, I have a horror of arriving after dark in a new place, let alone 11 at night.

Gotta go...bus to Tikal ruins leaves in 10 minutes.....more later

No comments:

Post a Comment